Materials - Regional Trainings
Thank you for attending one of our skill-building training institutes. Many resources were provided by featured state and national presenters and experts, and many still asked for MORE!
We are pleased to share this accessible page of supplemental resources and presentation materials shared or mentioned amont the Institutes. Individual handouts that were provided in the complete attendee packet at the training are not included.
- Real Tools: Responding to Multi-Abuse Trauma - English version
- Real Tools: Responding to Multi-Abuse Trauma - Spanish version
- NCDVTMH tool: Asking About & Responding to Survivors' Experiences of Abuse Related to Mental Health
- Presentation Slides
- Patti Bland's Presentation Slides (Detroit training)
- Karen Foley's Presentation Slides (Okemos training)
- The Tree of Contemplative Practices
- Washing Machine Story
- RSA Short: The Power of Empathy
- Free, downloadable book on Contemplative Practice
Additional resources regarding tools and techniques to promote healing and recovery using mindfulness/contemplative practices from presenter Paula Callen, M.A.O.M. These are Paula's personal choices but others can be found through Amazon and Barnes & Noble.
- Mindfulness Skills Workbook for Clinicians & Clients, 111 Tools & Techniques, Activities. By Debra Burdick, LCSW
- The Mindfulness Toolbox: 50 Practical Tips for Anxiety, Depression, Stress & Pain. By Donald Altman, MA LPC
- 101 Trauma-Informed Interventions Activities, Exercises and Assignments to Move the Client & Therapy Forward. By Linda Curran. LCSW
"In the course of history, there comes a time when humanity is called to shift to a new level of consciousness, to reach a higher moral ground. A time when we have to shed our fear and give hope to each other. That time is now." - Wangari Maathai Biography